Joe's Game Plan has been set up to keep everyone informed on Joe's battle with cancer. We want to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Check back often for updates and feel free to leave comments of love and support.

If you would like to follow Joe's blog by email submit your email address below.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Note from Joe



Hello everyone,

This is my “good week” so I wanted to personally write and tell you how amazing you have all been in supporting me in this “little detour” of my life. Your love, prayers and support mean so much to me and gives me the boost to keep fighting this thing until we knock it out.

Life has obviously changed dramatically in what we do and experience now, but my goal is to try and get back to our “normal” routine as quick as possible after each session. I have tried to eat healthier, but you have to know that you are dealing with a guy who lived at the 7-11 store since I was old enough to ride a bike. Yes, I am 53 and I still like candy and Mt. Dew. Just so you know, I did give up three things for Lent - -candy, wings….and CANCER!!

I have been able to eat and do most things I used to do on my “good weeks”. One thing I was never good at was dancing…. I recently went to a practice with Sherrie and our daughter Shelli , to learn how to do the waltz for a special event we are going to on March 10th. I learned that cancer did not help my rhythm deficiency! A simple 1,2,3 box step and I am losing count! My daughter said I did great…until I tried to talk or look around…lost focus very easy! The reason I was looking around was to try and find at least one other Dad who was as bad as I was! Needless to say, lots of laughs. Of course, I am laughing, but my daughter will probably need therapy after the dance.

Thanks again for all you have done for me. I am a very lucky man to have such a wonderful support group.
I love and appreciate you all, more than you know.
Joe

p.s. here is Shelli and I with our "Peeps" - thanks Brook's Family!

5 comments:

  1. Joe,

    We love the picture of you and Shelli. You look great. We're glad you're having a good week and will continue with our prayers. Know that you and your family are loved dearly and that if there is anything we can do just let us know. Take care.

    Love, Mike and Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, I just lovvvvvvvvve you! You can always make me laugh! You and Shelli look awesome in your "Peeps" hat! I am always thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers! So hang in there baby! I am waiting for you to feel better so we can head to Lake Powell maybe even through in a little camping if I can find a golf course close by! haha
    xoxoxo always
    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your having a good week Joe. I know you are fighting this with all your might. Great picture. My prayers are with you and your family.

    Don Somers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe,
    So happy to hear from you directly and look forward to seeing you on Saturday night!! I love your energy and passion! Martin & Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANIMO amigo

    Ricardo

    ReplyDelete