Joe's Game Plan has been set up to keep everyone informed on Joe's battle with cancer. We want to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Check back often for updates and feel free to leave comments of love and support.

If you would like to follow Joe's blog by email submit your email address below.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

More Bad News

I'm sorry to report, but they found additional cancer in Joe's stomach region.  It was devastating news for us, but we met with Dr. S and he said there is a lot more fight on the way.  He confirmed the cancer is spreading throughout, and as a result, Joe will have to start a more aggressive chemo treatment.  They are nervous to start it along with radiation, so they are going to administer the lighter chemo during radiation and the more aggressive chemo after radiation.  Since he has SO MANY bowel issues, he can't tolerate the chemo he used to take.  It just shuts his body down.  So for that reason, Dr. S must try something different.  He said he's been consulting with Dr's all over the country and doing lots of research and found a new drug.  It's considered a "case study" and Joe is willing to try it unless it makes him so sick, he has no quality of life. Dr. S. said he completely understands and will only administer those chemos that Joe's body can handle. 

In the meantime, Joe will be staying very close to home and his activity has been minimized due to all the treatments and bowel effects.  He would love to get out and visit more, but his bowels don't allow it.  For that reason, we have decided to have a Housewarming/Visit the Kahlers, Open House.  It will be Sunday, August 4th, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm.  NO GIFTS, but we will make it pot luck.  Everyone is welcome to come by, grab something to eat, get a tour of the house and visit.  We look forward to it.  No RSVP is necessary. 2114 E. Oakland Street, Chandler, AZ 85225.  If you have any questions, you can email me at sherriekahler@hotmail.com.

Keep those prayers coming.  We need them and so appreciate it. 

All our love and thanks,
Sherrie & Joe

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 62: 5-8

    5 My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.

    6 He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.

    7 With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God!

    8 Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

    I am praying for all of you!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete