Joe's Game Plan has been set up to keep everyone informed on Joe's battle with cancer. We want to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Check back often for updates and feel free to leave comments of love and support.

If you would like to follow Joe's blog by email submit your email address below.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Not Great News

We saw Dr. Ong today and got the test results.  They found a tumor in Joe's pelvic area.  It was a shock, but also not a complete surprise since we knew something wasn't right.  Joe has just not been feeling well for sometime.  Surgery is not an option for numerous reasons, but the bottom line is Dr. Ong said it would cause way more problems then help anything.  Our only option is radiation.  They usually don't administer radiation for Joe's type of cancer, but are hoping this will work with this particular tumor.  Joe starts prep tomorrow and will be having radiation everyday for 3 weeks.  They will re-evaluate after the 3 weeks and see if it works.  Our prayers are that it kills the tumor and gives Joe some relief. 

Prayers are needed more than ever right now.  We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sherrie & Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe and family,
    After catching up with your posts, this song came to mind. I hope it brings you comfort and peace.

    Dear Lord,
    Thank you for your love and faithfulness. Continue to bless this family and bring healing to Joe. By your stripes, we are healed!

    Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.”
    - Jeremiah 32:17


    Your friend and prayer-partner,

    Karen Guiliani Phillips


    I AM PERSUADED by Travis Cottrell

    I believe Your love is faithful
    When all my hopes have crumbled
    It is standing strong and able
    When everything else fails
    I believe Your love will cover me
    Through every storm
    I am persuaded

    Nothing in life
    Nothing in death
    No mountain high
    No ocean depth
    No power below
    On earth or above
    Can separate from Your love.

    I believe beyond a shadow
    You will never forsake me
    And Your love endures forever
    When all my strength is gone
    I believe your love will carry me
    And hold me close
    I am persuaded

    Nothing in life
    Nothing in death
    No mountain high
    No ocean depth
    No power below
    On earth or above
    Can separate from Your love.

    ReplyDelete