Joe's Game Plan has been set up to keep everyone informed on Joe's battle with cancer. We want to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Check back often for updates and feel free to leave comments of love and support.

If you would like to follow Joe's blog by email submit your email address below.

Friday, April 20, 2012

From Joe

Hello and THANK YOU for all your support and prayers!
This has been quite a roller coaster of emotions and with all of your emails, texts, cards and overall support; it has made the journey a lot smoother. I will be going into surgery on Monday…and I am beginning to get a little nervous. I have been gaining my strength and weight back in preparation. In fact, I have gained 15 of the 20 pounds I had originally lost. It is so easy to put pounds back on, which most of us know, but I was surprised how fast I put it back on….okay, not real surprised. Could it have been the wings, candy, beer, Mountain Dew…more wings, candy, beer and Mountain Dew…?  I do realize that it will probably all come right back off with my “weight loss” surgery. So until then, I’ll try and get the other 5 pounds back on before Monday.
I am amazed on a daily basis of all the love and support you have shown to me and my family. My girls have shown so much courage in handling my situation and, of course my wife has been the rock that every one of us has leaned on throughout this set back.
This surgery on Monday the 23rd will be extremely hard on my family and your continued prayers and support is deeply appreciated to help them through this. I have the easy part, I just sleep through it. Now, when I wake up from surgery is when I will need the “pain relief prayers”! 
I am humbled by all of your thoughts and prayers and thank God for having all of this support from so many special friends and family. You truly make a difference in my life.
Forever grateful,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment